First and foremost the significance of the Autumn Equinox marks the end of summer.
Derived from the Latin meaning, the term equinox means “equal night.” This refers to the 12-hour day and 12-hour night that occurs only on the two equinoxes of each year (Spring & Autumn).
The changing seasons, including the Autumn Equinox, are key pivotal points in the cycle of life in nature and naturally permeates our own cycles of growth.
Autumn is a meaningful time of harvesting the abundance that manifests from the seeds planted in the spring-time. These may be the physical seeds that were planted in your garden in the spring time or the symbolic seeds of your own inner spiritual journey.
Questions to contemplate for greater awareness:
- Reflect back to what your seeds of intention were that you planted in the Spring.
- What actions have you taken toward your goals and visions?
- What are you now harvesting?
Change is inevitable.
Autumn is a time of accepting the impermanence of things.
As the leaves fall away, we can take this opportunity to release our own burdens that keep us from expressing the greatest versions of ourselves.
Autumn is a powerful time to acknowledge the abundance in your life. To move your focus from scarcity and lack to gratitude and prosperity.
Creating small rituals in your life:
- Light a candle, or a fire
- Journal what you are grateful for
- Make a beautiful meal and give thanks
- Sit in prayer or meditation appreciating your own personal growth and asking for harmonious balance as the fertilizer for your own life’s garden
This Autumn, intentionally create the space to nurture yourself.
Ways to Nurture Yourself:
Commit to some form of daily movement/exercise.
- Dance, yoga, running, walking, hiking…Do what brings you joy and makes you feel good.
- Movement and exercise puts you in a strong mental and physical state to crush your goals.
Equinox journaling & reflection:
- How can you allow yourself to celebrate and appreciate your wins?
- How have I changed, grown and transformed over the last six months?
- Journaling is a powerful tool to cultivate deeper learning and awareness.
Write a thank you letter to yourself!
- Appreciate everything about yourself.
- Honor your struggles that have shaped you and made you who you are today.
- Include being thankful for reaching your future goals.
- Read it again in the next cycle of season.
This is the perfect time to do a healthy cleanse:
- Cleansing the body from the inside out is a must to boost your health.
- Your body needs additional support through the seasonal shifts.
- I love and recommend this simple Morning Cleanse , by my friend Anthony William, Medical Medium.
- If you’re looking for a deeper cleanse, I love and recommend the 3.6.9 Liver Cleanse found in Anthony William’s amazing, everyone should have on their shelf, book Cleanse to Heal.
I have done the Liver Cleanse a few times already and It’s the best one out there.
The Spiritual Significance of The Autumn Equinox
As the energy of summer comes to an end and days grow shorter and the nights longer, we descend into the greater darkness.
We come face to face with our own inner darkness, such as the ego and subconscious. As a result, we are given an opportunity to heal and prepare for the birth of the light at winter solstice.
Indigenous cultures recognized earth-based wisdom and understood the spiritual cycle that the individual takes within themselves. The four focal points of the year: Winter Solstice, Spring Equinox, Summer Solstice and Fall Equinox illuminate the inner spiritual journey of humanity.
I invite you to take this time to allow yourself to go at a pace that nourishes your body and your mind.
Above all else, this is a time to go inward, to connect and to listen to your own innate wisdom.
The heart of spiritual practice truly is internal.
“We are the only true experts on our journey to enlightenment. Filter all information through your own heart “-explore deeply.com
Happy Autumn Equinox!
Disclosure: I only share links that I personally use or that come highly recommended by qualified peers. One or more of the links are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase